every now and then it’s necessary to release. this is one of those times…
yeh, i said it! i being davita galloway am:
- tired of talking about what needs to happen and what should happen (about a variety of topics) to only have it fall upon deaf ears.
- growing increasingly frustrated with being apart of round table discussions where those present appear to want to make a change (the actual steps of making that change somehow gets lost in their list of ‘things to do.’). i question motives and if you really want to improve conditions or are simply doing it because it’s trendy or, in other words, ‘for the gram.’
- not trying to hear those who have the power to make changes, continuously say their hands are tied. (well, untie them! that’s why you make the big bucks; you, SIR (yes, sir–in most cases) have the ability, power and influence to do just that.)
- appalled with the common display of the absence of common sense in creating/changing policy.
- passionate about art and culture and social justice and basic human rights and ‘affordable housing’ and ownership and…
- outraged that an individual who works FT at minimum wage is at a great disadvantage. (did you know that this individual should be paying roughly $350/mo for rent; however, the average cost for a 1BR is approximately $1.350?) THINK ABOUT THAT!!
- holding everyone accountable–including myself! (motto: say ‘something,’ then do ‘something.’)
- not interested in working with lazy artists. (take that how you want.) we already have a hard time getting people to take what we do seriously and, if you’re contributing to that narrative in any way, have a good day… buh bye!!!
- super serious about ‘unmuting’ voices in the community!!!
if you feel the same way about one or more of these things, let’s chat…